Monday, March 7, 2011

The AWANA Grand Prix

On March 2nd, my church had their AWANA Grand Prix. I designed my racing car after a solar car called The Solar Wing. You can win for design or speed. You get a trophy if you win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. My car was #8 and called The Solar Wing. Gramma and Cathy came ( Papa was sick) to watch. I made two signs for Cathy and Elijah to hold. I went for speed. My car won every heat! My fastest speed and track record was 189.9 mph! I got 1st place for speed! It was really fun!

Me with my car and trophys.
The winners of speed and other racing cars.

The racing cars for this year.


Cathy, Gramma, and me.



Elijah with his club and sign

6 comments:

  1. Ethan,
    I am glad that you made such a fast car, and earned first place for speed. And you painted it green, WOW! That is remarkable that you won every heat with it. You said your fastest run was over 189 mph, how did you calculate that out? You are very good with math. I counted 16 vehicles for the Prix, and yours was the only green car. Love Papa F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan,
    I was so excited for you and proud of you last week. Not because you won, but because you worked hard, had fun, and were a good sport. Winning was just a bonus! I hope that you learned a lot from Daddy about designing/building your car so that next year you can do even more of the work yourself.
    Love you always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan, We are so happy for you. What a great looking car! Grams really likes the color, because green is her favorite color! Your brother looks so proud to be holding a sign cheering for you. Congratulations! Hugs and kisses, Grams & Papa K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ethan:

    Way to go on winning every heat and 1st place for speed. Also, breaking the track record was awesome.

    Glad you had fun and learned a lot.

    Love,
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job Ethan. I'm so proud of you. What a great looking car and the fastest to boot! And eight is my favorite number. Very cool Ethan. The next time you visit, we'll dig out my race car from Cub Scouts. I only finished second and I bet your car would beat mine. After all, you did set the speed record. I love you Ethan and I can't wait to see the car in person.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! You picked a great number and a great color. Did you know that green is my favorite color and eight is your dad's favorite number? I was wondering where you learned about the solar car you designed yours after?
    Maybe you can teach Hope how to make a car like yours some day.
    Love,
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete